- "Follow your passion and everything else will fall into place."
- "The secret of life…is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." - Paulo Coelho, from The Alchemist
- "Each moment of our life, we either invoke or destroy our dreams.” - Stuart Wilde
- “I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work." - Pearl S. Buck
- "I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
- "You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden
- "The only thing all successful people have in common is that they’re successful, so don’t waste your time copying 'the successful strategies' of others." - Seth Godin
- "Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." - Erica Jong
- "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
- "Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Are you starting your own business? Be it official or just something on eBay or Etsy, you need motivation. You need something to drive you to succeed. That old adage, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" is pretty true...though it kind of contradicts itself...not planning in the first place doesn't lead to planning to fail...it just leads to failing...but anyway, we all know what it means :) But before we jump into planning (which I'm still learning), I'd like to share a few (ten to be exact) inspirational quotes that resonate with me.