Saturday, December 10, 2011

Well hello, scrap world!

Hi friends! So after a year of being out of the scrapping game, I'm back and ready to start creating like a maniac again. Unfortunately I'm having trouble staying focused and awake enough to do a whole lot. I am steadily working on several swaps I'm in on scrapbook.com and can't wait to share all that comes from those projects. Then I think I'll take some time to make a few things for myself, to KEEP, not send away or sell :) I love creating, though, no matter where the creation ends up (unless it's the garbage, that would be no fun :p).

I am currently going through a bit of a rough spot with my depression and anxiety. I have definitely been much worse and am managing to look happy and okay right now, but I am struggling. I blame the lack of daylight -- I have more problems with depression in the winter months than any other time. I will be discussing new treatment options with my psychiatrist on the 22nd. To help me deal with anxiety and some problems that don't make dealing with depression any easier, I am meeting with a Christian counselor/therapist on Monday. They have a sliding scale based on income so my family will be able to afford it if I go weekly. I am looking forward to all this and feeling better. I can't even remember how many times I've had to take a hiatus from school to deal with all this nastiness called depression. But compared to past ordeals, this right now is a cake walk. Doesn't make it easy or not extremely frustrating but at least I can take comfort in the fact that it's not any worse.

I can't wait to get back to writing here, I hope to do it regularly (don't we all say that? LOL) when I have things worthy of sharing. Right now I'm going to try and take a nap (I know, it's 9:30pm, but my sleep cycle/circadian rhythm is so off thanks to my depression "relapse"). Then I hope to really get some scrapping done!

~Katie~

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing? I, too, deal with depression and I'm going through the wonky sleep patterns right now. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!