Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stampin' Up Classic Ink vs. Archival Ink -- WOW

So something exciting happened today -- I got my starter kit! In my starter kit I had ordered the Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, one of the new foam pads. I also got Whisper White card stock. So I decided to experiment with the ink and paper since my stamping has always...well, sucked, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Turns out -- I was using inferior supplies! Take a look at my supplies here, and then take a peek at the example below:

On the left we have Whisper White card stock from Stampin' Up. On the right, we have card stock I bought from Michael's. I used a well-used Congratulations wooden stamp from Hobby Lobby. As you can see, the bottom right image is faded. It looks terrible, doesn't it? The color is uneven and drab. That was stamped on regular card stock with Archival Ink. Above it I stamped the same stamp with Stampin' Up's Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad. Perfect!

Now you might be thinking, "Well Katie, maybe you just have a bad stamp pad." That was my worry, too. But read on.

Now for the Whisper White. The bottom image on the left is using Stampin' Up ink, nice and dark. Above it I used Archival Ink to stamp, and while it's not quite as dark as the Stampin' Up ink, in person it looks perfect (minus the stray marks from me pressing too hard on the stamp)! My Archival Ink pad isn't the problem, it's the card stock! And the best result I got was using both Stampin' Up products -- card stock and ink.

NOW I know why people get addicted to Stampin' Up products -- they're flat-out better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!